Well, that was fun. For the first time ever I wrote a blog post every day for a month. Here’s what I learned:
- Sometimes I really didn’t wanna do it. I was tired, or feeling lazy. But just like I said about exercising, sometime you just have to show up. It’s better than doing nothing.
- There were times when I had great ideas for posts but not enough time to research them and flesh the ideas out and write them concisely. Those will have to wait for another day.
- There were things that I wanted to write about but they were so inconsequential that they seemed inappropriate for the 30 days posts. I wanted to write something at least a little bit interesting and not waste the reader’s time. In a recent post Daniel Steinberg quoted Ben Franklin as saying: “Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.” So I didn’t want to fill my month with exercises. Those will also have to wait for another day.
- I wrote the same way almost every day: Write. Commit changes. Push to origin. Check for typos. Edit, commit, push, read. Edit, commit, push, read… and so on. I didn’t realize it at first, but I was doing exactly what Daniel suggested in his post: Don’t be an editor on the first draft. Let the writer in you have a shot first. You can see this in my git commit log below.
- The only reason I stuck to this schedule was because I was doing it with my friends Daniel, Brad, and, of course, Jaimee who also motivated us to start in the first place. I am very grateful to them for their support and companionship this past month.
See you later!
My most recent git commits:
* bd9b2c4 Wed Sep 30 18:46:31 2015 (HEAD, AijazBlog/aijaz, aijaz) Edited * aa72f4f Wed Sep 30 18:36:28 2015 Added day 30 - Lever pull-up * 1b9fc17 Tue Sep 29 21:44:27 2015 Edited * 9e9babe Tue Sep 29 21:07:06 2015 Added day 29 - learning * 3f5a46c Mon Sep 28 22:25:42 2015 Edited * 8f44a00 Mon Sep 28 22:19:50 2015 Clarified * 1c44aa3 Mon Sep 28 22:07:26 2015 Changed images * 7a73f2d Mon Sep 28 22:03:54 2015 Added day 28 Yosemite photo * 9c6044e Sun Sep 27 23:57:05 2015 Added day 27 Medina * 309174c Sat Sep 26 18:19:00 2015 Clarified * f6619f9 Sat Sep 26 18:18:13 2015 Clarified * 3587abd Sat Sep 26 18:17:23 2015 Clarified * b90e93c Sat Sep 26 18:12:28 2015 Added day 26 * e7bb564 Fri Sep 25 18:01:04 2015 Clarified * e1f5b7b Fri Sep 25 17:57:55 2015 Added day 25 kunya * fbd18fc Thu Sep 24 22:31:44 2015 Clarified * 2925d03 Thu Sep 24 22:30:15 2015 Clarified * a3bce22 Thu Sep 24 22:29:32 2015 Clarified * fed64f5 Thu Sep 24 22:27:27 2015 Added day 24 - Backup iPhone * e8ff6ec Wed Sep 23 22:40:55 2015 Clarified * c6c733d Wed Sep 23 22:23:26 2015 Resized image * 86a0500 Wed Sep 23 22:18:20 2015 Added day 23 Dublin Doors * 4376628 Tue Sep 22 19:16:25 2015 Updated date * 4253ae6 Tue Sep 22 18:06:31 2015 Clarified * 4ec5e2e Tue Sep 22 18:03:30 2015 Added 22 of 30 Emperor ...